The Iberoamerican Group
Regional Group of the IAJ
PROMOTING AN INDEPENDENT JUDICIARY WORLDWIDE
The IAJ has four Regional Groups: the European Association of Judges, the Iberoamerican Group, the African Group, the Asian, North American and Oceanian Group. Purpose of the Regional Groups is to discuss local problems concerning the Judiciary. They usually meet twice a year and may pass resolutions either on general issues affecting the Judiciary of the whole concerned area, or specifically regarding one ore more given countries. Ad hoc missions and reports can also be organized in particular cases.
Latest IBA NEWS
On 17th September 2023 all the four Regional Groups of the IAJ met in Taipei in the framework of the 65th IAJ annual meeting.
On 14th September 2023, the Iberoamerican Group, regional group of the IAJ, issued three declarations concerning the following situations: the investigation opened by the Peruvian Parliament against the Junta Nacional
On 12 April, 2023, in San José (Costa Rica) the mid-year meeting of the Ibero American Group of the IAJ started. In attendance were 15 member associations from Latin American
Latest IAJ NEWS
- “Are Rights of Judges Becoming Rule of Law Standards in Europe?”
- ICJ: “Complaint to the UN Human Rights Committee: Tunisia must answer for attacks on judicial independence”
- Civil Society Unit Newsletter
- Interview President Sessa
- Meeting of the IAJ President with the Slovenian Judges’ Association
- IAJ statement on Yemen